High Protein Spicy Chicken Fajita with Tomato Salsa & Crunchy Salad. This deliciously spicy chicken wrap with tangy salsa delivers 40gs of quality protein.
Macros Per Wrap
- Protein: 39.8g
- Carbs: 34.8g
- Fat: 27.5g
- Calories 578 (2419kJ)
Spicy Seasoned Chicken
To make a batch of the seasoned chicken…
- Get a large bowl that’s going to fit all the chicken in it.
- Put 1 teaspoon of Tesco Cajun Seasoning, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in it and stir to combine.
- Trim the excess fat off the chicken fillets. If they have skins, remove.
- Lay each out flat and cut into equal sized strips for even cooking.
- Add the cut chicken to the bowl with the seasoning and stir/ turn until all the chicken is coated and no seasoning is left on sides of the bowl.
- If you have time, cover with cling film and leave for 30 mins before cooking. If not, it doesn’t matter.
- Coat your non-stick frying or griddle pan with a smearing of cooking oil (eg rape seed). Put on the heat.
- Add the chicken before the pan get’s too hot; this will stop it sticking.
- Keeping it moving in the pan until sealed (this also stops it sticking).
- Cook chicken through.
Tangy Tomato Salsa
- Roughly dice 4 or 5 ripe tomatoes (must be sweet) and put in bowl.
- Add a cap full of balsamic vinegar and squeeze of lemon (strain the pips out or you might break a tooth!).
- Add a heaped teaspoon of coriander leaf.
- Add just a pinch of star anise powder (it’s a bully and you only want a hint).
- Stir/ turn until tomatoes coated.
- Warm the tortilla in the microwave for 15 secs on full power.
- Add griddle fried chicken pieces – 150g.
- Add a tablespoon of tomato salsa.
- Add cucumber & pepper strips and a handful of crispy salad (approx. 30g of each).
- Go easy on the mayo! (1/2 tablespoon max per wrap).
Products: Tesco skinless chicken thigh fillets, Tesco Plain Tortilla Wraps, ordinary ripe tomatoes, Florette Classic Crispy Salad, red pepper, cucumber, F Giacobazzi Balsamic Vinegar Modena (Tesco), Tesco Light Mayonnaise, black pepper, dried oregano, smoked paprika, garlic powder, Tesco Cajun Seasoning, coriander leaf, powdered star anise, fresh squeeze of lemon juice.