This delicious, super filling and very quick and easy to prepare meal is packed with good fats, omega 3, plus vegetable goodness and weighs in at just a shade over 500 calories. Great for dinner after a hard day at work to power gym session.
- Protein: 34g
- Carbs: 65g
- Fat: 13g
- Calories: 520 (2176 kJ)|
Need more protein?
Add a second salmon fillet for + 24g protein and +197 calories.
Ingredients (per serving)
Tesco Boneless Salmon Fillet Sauce 94g, 1/2 cap full F Giacobazzi Balsamic Vinegar Modena, dash of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Tesco Piri Piri Seasoning, 1/2 (100g) large red pepper, 65g closed cap mushrooms, 1/2 (120g) courgette, 1/2 (50g) large red onion, 65g of Tesco Basmati Rice.
- Put some water on to boil for the rice
- Chop/ dice all the vegetables into small chunks
- Sprinkle the seasoning on to the salmon fillet and rub in with spoon
- Put the rice in the boiling water and set a timer for 11 mins
- Dry stir fry the vegetables in a non stick pan as follows
- Start with the red pepper after a couple of minutes add the courgette
- Fry off for a couple more minutes, then add the onion
- At the very end when all the veggies have some colour on them, add the mushroom
- Put a kettle of water on to boil
- Add the balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce to the vegetables
- Turn the vegetables to coat them and turn the heat down
- Once the rice is cooked but firm, drain it and rinse with boiling water to flush away excess starch
- Put the vegetables in with the rice and combine. Leave it off the heat.
- Now put a smearing of cooking oil in your stir fry pan, put it on a medium-high heat and add the salmon fillet skin side down
- After 3 mins turn the salmon on to the seasoned side and cook until cooked through. Look for the white milky fats oozing out the sides for a sign it’s ready
- If you have any concerns that the salmon isn’t cooked in the middle, give it 30 secs on medium in the microwave
- Serve! The rice should still be piping hot